- December 28, 2017
- in Digital Transformation
- by Amanda Maksymiw
A Year of Fuze: Top Blogs of 2017
An expanded executive team, $134M in funding, industry recognition and a new Boston HQ, – you could say that 2017 was a busy year for us at Fuze! With the New Year rapidly approaching, not only do we find ourselves gearing up for 2018 and all of the exciting opportunities in store, but we can’t help but take a step back and appreciate all that’s been accomplished. For a company like Fuze, which was built on a foundation of preparing the enterprise for the Future of Work, it is especially important to reflect upon the past year. The lessons learned and the challenges overcome inform so much of how we prepare for the next stage of growth.
In this spirit, we wanted to share the top blogs from 2017, including highlights from our recent move, stats from our Breaking Barriers 2020 survey, and insight from our in-house experts on what it means to be an innovative CIO in an age of digital transformation.
- Why 2017 Must be the Year of the Bold CIO, by Keith Johnson, Chief Technology Officer: Our research found that IT departments currently spend 83 percent of their time managing IT and communications platforms as well as resolving user issues – leaving little time to be the drivers of innovation. Keith dives into the challenges faced by the modern CIO and the tremendous opportunity they have in championing wider value for IT.
- Why Support is at the Heart of Technology Innovation, by David Johnson, SVP Worldwide Services and Support: From the get-go, Fuze has always placed the customer at the center of everything we do. From designing a product that meets the real-world needs of the modern employee to building an outstanding customer support network – we are only as successful as our customers. In this blog, David discusses the pillars behind our support organization, and Fuze’s commitment to exceptional customer service.
- A Day in the #FuzeLife: Creating Work-Life Balance Without Sacrificing Career Goals, by Laurie Harrison, General Counsel: Over the last year, we spoke much of the benefits of remote work, but few captured it quite as well as our own General Counsel Laurie Harrison, who splits her time between our Boston hub and her home in Pennsylvania so she can help raise her twins. She offers four tips on how to make remote work, work.
- We moved! A new company hub, right in the Hub, by Mary Good, Chief People Officer: Speaking of our Boston hub, that was another significant upgrade for Fuzers this year. Moving from our Cambridge MA, offices to a decked-out hub in Boston’s historic Copley Place, Mary shares how collaboration itself was woven into the design of the office, and digs deeper into our Work From Anywhere policy.
- The Vision to Bring People Together in Tomorrow's Digital Workplace, by Eric Hanson, VP of Product Marketing: In case you missed it, earlier this year Fuze was recognized as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for UCaaS. In this blog post Eric expands upon some of the factors that led to that recognition, and how Fuze is partnering with IT leaders to prepare for a cloud-first economy.
Thank you to our entire blog community, we hope you enjoyed following our journey this past year just as much as we enjoyed living it. Have any suggestions for the blog or topics you’d like to see explored further in 2018? We’re just a tweet away, @Fuze.