As I reflect on 2020, it was one of the toughest years we have faced, not only in the world at large, but in the channel world as well. We came into the year armed with a specific strategy, and then the COVID-19 pandemic hit in early March.
There was a lot of uncertainty during that time. It would have been easy for our team to be discouraged and distracted — there was a lot going on in the world. Instead, as a team, we leaned in, rose to the occasion, and became laser focused on what needed to happen in the channel.
We delivered on our commitments to the channel, which included:
- Improve the partner experience with Fuze;
- Enhance our ability to provide best-in-class UCaaS solutions to our customers and partners;
- Align our business with the broader industry trend of providing cloud communications solutions to large domestic enterprises;
- Reiterate that Fuze is “open for business” in the channel community.
As a team, we never lost sight of these goals; we persevered, and at the end of 2020, we came out on top. We saw a large uptick in channel business: with more partners doing business with Fuze, a large percentage of net-new Fuze business coming from the channel, and a surge of new partners to work with overall.
As a result, 2021 is off to a great start and has officially been themed as the “Year of the Channel” by Fuze’s CEO, Brian Day. Having the full support of Brian and the Fuze executive team, I am excited to see all of the success the channel team will surely have this year. This includes, the re-launch of Fuze’s Global Partner Program, which is focused on three main themes: #Accelerate, #Connect, and #Join.
- #Accelerate: When it comes to master agent and referral business, we are planning to accelerate our ecosystem and leverage the solid momentum that was built in 2020.
- #Connect: For our VAR/reseller and carrier business, we will connect partners to our platform, allowing them to deliver uniquely differentiated solutions to their customers.
- #Join: For our Strategic and Tech Alliances, Marketplace, and Development Center business, we will join the Fuze solution ecosystem to expand the customer solution set and enhance our joint capabilities.
These themes will help solidify the types of services and programs we offer to the channel, specific to the respective business segment.
Thank you to my incredible channel team and all the partners who champion the Fuze brand to their customers every day. I’m looking forward to making 2021 our best year yet!