Effective July 17, 2018.
Fuze, Inc., together with its affiliates and subsidiaries, (collectively, “Fuze”) provides enterprise global voice, video, messaging, and collaboration software and applications that our customers use to communicate more effectively and efficiently.
This Guest User Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process the personal information of guests invited by our customers to use Fuze products and services, including Voice, Collaboration, Guest, Data, Contact Center, and the Fuze application programming interfaces (collectively, the “Services”). Fuze is the data processor with respect to guest users’ personal information, and the Fuze customer that invited the guest to use the Services is the data controller.
At Fuze, we love our products, so we use them. This means that a Fuze employee may invite you to use the Fuze Services. When this happens, Fuze handles your information as both the “customer” and Fuze under this Guest User Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect
Information provided to us by guest users in connection with their use of the Services. This may include personal information that guest users provide when they:
- Login to the services (such as first and last name, email address, telephone number(s), fax number, employer name, department and job title, device ID, and profile picture);
- Upload documents, such as presentations, to the Services;
- Participate in a chat when using the Services;
- Contact customer support or otherwise correspond with us by phone, email, or other means.
Social media account information. Guest users may link a social media account to the Services. In those circumstances, Fuze may collect the end user’s email address and profile picture associated with the social media account.
Information about guest users’ use of the Services. We collect information about guest users’ use of the Services, including:
- Call details, such as time placed, caller, number dialed, call recipient, whether any media was played, and whether the call was answered, dropped, or other disposition;
- Information provided through and use of the messaging platform, voicemail feature, and video conferencing;
- Location data where the guest user has agreed to share such information with Fuze through a consent mechanism on the guest user’s mobile device;
- Recordings of calls or video conferences, where such features are activated by our customer;
- Media generated and shared through Fuze Meetings and Collaboration platforms, where such features are shared by a Fuze customer;
Choosing Not To Share Your Personal Information
Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Services, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with the Services and may need to close your account. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required in the Services or through other appropriate means.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect at the instruction of our customers and in accordance with our customer agreements, to provide the Services and for related internal purposes, including:
- To enable guest users to access and use the Services;
- To provide information about the Services, such as important updates or changes to the Services and security alerts;
- To customize the end user experience, such as personalizing content and features to better match interests and preferences;
- To improve the Services and develop new products and services;
- To respond to inquiries, complaints, and requests for customer support.
We may also use personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Fuze uses appropriate, commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal data from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with applicable law. We cannot, however, guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem.
Data Subject Rights
European data protection laws give individuals certain rights regarding their personal information:
- Access. Provide you with information about the processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to the reliance on legitimate interests as the basis of the processing of your personal information.
Cross Border Data Transfer
Fuze may transfer personal information about its guest users outside of the country in which guest users are located, including to the United States. Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal information, where required by EU data protection legislation:
- Contracts approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer. For further details, see European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries.
Please contact the Fuze customer that invited you to use the Services if you want further information on the specific mechanism used when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
Fuze retains personal information for as long as necessary to (a) provide the Services; (b) comply with legal obligations; (c) resolve disputes; and (d) enforce the terms of customer agreements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Creation of Anonymous Data for Analytics
We may create anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you, and use that anonymous data for our lawful business purposes.
Third Party Products and Services
The Services may integrate with or enable access to third party tools. Third party tools registered, installed, or accessed by end users are governed by those third party providers’ privacy notices. Please review those notices carefully, as Fuze does not control and cannot be responsible for these providers’ privacy or information security practices.
Changes to this Guest User Privacy Statement
Any modifications to this Guest User Privacy Statement will be effective upon our posting of the new terms and/or upon implementation of the new changes on the Service (or as otherwise indicated at the time of posting). In all cases, your continued use of the Services after the posting of any modified Guest User Privacy Statement indicates your acceptance of the terms of the modified Guest User Privacy Statement.
If you have any question about this Guest User Privacy Statement, you can contact our privacy team at:
2 Copley Place, FI. 7
Boston, Massachusetts 02116 USA
If you live in the EU, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Fuze DPO c/o Yung Shin Van Der Sype, time.lex,
Joseph Stevensstraat 7 rue Joseph Stevens,
1000 Brussels, Belgium