Updated as of 10 April 2020
Fuze, Inc. (“Fuze”) provides enterprise global voice, video, messaging, and collaboration software and applications that our customers use to communicate more effectively and efficiently.
This Product Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process end user personal information on behalf of business customers in connection with our products and services, including Voice, Collaboration, Guest, Data, Contact Center, and the Fuze application programming interfaces (collectively, the “Services”). Fuze is the data processor and Fuze customers are the data controllers with respect to such personal information.
Fuze’s processing of personal information in connection with the Services is governed by this Product Privacy Statement and our customer agreements. In the event of any conflict between this Product Privacy Statement and a customer agreement, the customer agreement will control to the extent permitted by applicable law.
This Product Privacy Statement is not a substitute for any privacy notice that Fuze customers are required to provide to their employees or other end users.
Information We Collect
Information provided to us by end users in connection with their use of the Services. This may include personal information that end users provide when they:
- Register for an account or create a user profile (such as first and last name, email address, telephone number(s), fax number, employer name, department and job title, device ID, and profile picture);
- Upload documents, such as presentations, to the Services;
- Grant Fuze access to their calendar or contacts;
- Participate in a chat when using the Services;
- Contact customer support or otherwise correspond with us by phone, email, or other means.
Social media account information. End users may link a social media account to the Services. In those circumstances, Fuze may collect the end user’s email address and profile picture associated with the social media account.
Information about end users’ use of the Services. We collect information about end users’ use of the Services, including:
- Call details, such as time placed, caller, number dialed, call recipient, whether any media was played, and whether the call was answered, dropped, or other disposition;
- Information provided through and use of the messaging platform, voicemail feature, and video conferencing;
- Location data where the end user has agreed to share such information with Fuze through a consent mechanism on the end user’s mobile device;
- Recordings of calls or video conferences, where such features are activated by the end user;
- Media generated and shared through Fuze Meetings and Collaboration platforms, where such features are shared by the end user;
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect at the instruction of our customers and in accordance with our customer agreements, to provide the Services and for related internal purposes, including:
- To enable end users to access and use the Services;
- To enable end users to communicate and collaborate with other Fuze users and their contacts;
- To provide information about the Services, such as important updates or changes to the Services and security alerts;
- To customize the end user experience, such as personalizing content and features to better match interests and preferences;
- To improve the Services and develop new products and services;
- To respond to inquiries, complaints, and requests for customer support.
We may also use personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Information
We share the information we collect:
- With Fuze customers, to the extent the information pertains to the customer’s end users;
- With third party service providers that help us manage and improve the Services;
- With Fuze subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
We also enable end users to share information when using the Services, e.g., by sharing presentations or participating in chats to share information with other call participants, including guests.
We may also share personal information with government, law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, when we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of Fuze’s business or assets, including personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Fuze uses appropriate, commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal data from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with applicable law. We cannot, however, guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem. We recommend that our customers take steps to protect against unauthorized access to any devices or networks used to access the Services. See the customer contract for additional information regarding Fuze’s information security practices.
Data Subject Rights
Fuze customers are the data controllers of end users’ personal information. As the data controllers, Fuze customers are responsible for receiving and responding to end users’ requests to exercise any rights afforded to them under applicable data protection law. Fuze will assist customers in responding to such requests as set forth in the customer contract.
Cross Border Data Transfer
Fuze may transfer personal information about its end users outside of the country in which end users are located, including to the United States. See the customer contract for additional information regarding how Fuze safeguards the personal information it transfers across borders.
Fuze retains personal information for as long as necessary to (a) provide the Services; (b) comply with legal obligations; (c) resolve disputes; and (d) enforce the terms of customer agreements. See the customer contract for additional information regarding Fuze’s data retention practices.
Creation of Anonymous Data for Analytics
We may create anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you, and use that anonymous data for our lawful business purposes.
Third Party Products and Services
The Services may integrate with or enable access to third party tools. Third party tools registered, installed, or accessed by end users are governed by those third party providers’ privacy notices. Please review those notices carefully, as Fuze does not control and cannot be responsible for these providers’ privacy or information security practices.
If you have any question about this Product Privacy Statement, you can contact our privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.